You can be the one to purchase android tablets because these are affordable. Moreover, you will be able to get free apps and tools for your android devices. Android allows you to access Google Play Store. It will become your gateway to download thousands of attractive apps for your tablet or smartphone. From the official Google app store, you can get magazines, books, music and movies along with apps.
Similar to other apps, the Google Play Store app needs updates. In numerous cases, Play Store updates in the background automatically. Sometimes, the play store stops working because of different reasons, or it doesn’t update automatically.
In this situation, an outdated version of the Google Play Store can increase problems for you. A person who buys android tablets must learn to solve these issues. Here are some methods to manually update your play store.
Settings of Play Store
In the first step, you have to look for the updates by checking the settings of Play Store. See these steps:
- Open a Play Store app on your phone and click the three-bar menu at the top corner. From this menu, click settings.
- Check settings page, scroll down and check for the version of Play Store. Click on it and updates will start automatically if available. With an up to date play store, you will check pop up “up to date Play Store”.
Clear Data of Play Store
You must learn how to clear data off play store. If you want to force your Play Store to update automatically, you have to clear its cache and data. After doing this, your play store will check the latest updates automatically. Here are some steps to erase data of play store.
- Open the settings of the device from the quick menu or tap the settings icon.
- Click application/apps manager/installed apps, based on your phone. Under apps, you
- can check “Google Play Store”. Click on it.
- In the application info of Play Store, click on storage. Storage screen requires you to hit clear data/clear storage.
Use the steps mentioned above to clear storage. After following the above steps, you have to restart your device and wait for almost 2 to 3 minutes to let the store update automatically.
If you want to update your Google Play Store manually, you can use APK. Here are some easy steps:
In the first step, you have to give permission to install the unknown application. Remember, you are going to use an external store for updating the Google Play Store. Your devices needs permission to do this because of security reasons.
On Marshmallow, Nougat (Pre-Oreo) devices, click on the settings and “Security and Privacy”. Check for unknown sources on the next screen, activate it and confirm on pop up. With Oreo, you can check settings and apps and notifications of your device to install APK files. Access “unknown apps” and download APK file from APKMirror website. Follow on-screen prompts to complete this process.